THE NEXT DEADLINE IS COB FRIDAY 31 MAY 2013
You can apply for an award up to £20,000 if you have tested your idea, proven the concept and have a trading track record of around 12 months. In 2012 so far we have invested over £180k in individuals across Scotland.
We don’t fund organisations that are no longer a start up, new subsidiaries of existing organisations or the set up of intermediary organisations.
Can I apply?
- You must be an individual (or a maximum of 3 individuals)
- You must be aged 16 or over
- You must be permanently resident in the UK
- Most people who will benefit from your idea must in Scotland
- Your activity must not involve political campaigning or the advancement of religion
- Your initiative must have been running for at least a year
- You must have a trading track record
What are the assessment criteria?
Read our guidance for full details on our assessment criteria. There are three things we consider when assessing you and your idea:
Individual – Do you have the drive, passion and motivation to succeed? What relevant skills and experience do you have?
Business – Do you have a business plan and realistic cashflow projections that shows you can make money from your idea? Or will you rely mainly on grant funding to sustain your idea?
Social – Who will benefit and what difference will your idea make? What need have you identified and will your idea meet this need?
What can I apply for?
You can use an award to pay yourself a salary and contribute towards your living expenses. At this stage we expect you to be fully committed to your idea and that you will be spending all or a significant portion of your time to move your idea forward.
Our guidance has a full list of what you can and can’t apply for.
Check out our case studies and latest awards for information on who we have supported.